Skip to main content

Full Season Pass Content For 'Batman: Arkham Knight' Released

Four months later, Batman: Arkham Knight is still making news, and surprisingly it's not related to the game's issues on the PC version. Instead, the development team at Rocksteady announced the full lineup of content coming for those who ordered the game's season pass.

A portion of the season pass content are various character skins. However, in anticipation of the upcoming movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, November will see Batman's suit as well as the new Batmobile from the movie. There will also be a fresh helping of racing tracks for the Batmobile, as well as AR Challenges, Arkham Episodes (which features a short story featuring a character other than Batman), and even an expansion in December called Season of Infamy. The expansion will include four Most Wanted missions, where Batman must track down some of Gotham's villains such as Killer Croc, Mister Freeze, Mad Hatter, and Ra's Al Ghul.

OCTOBERBatman Classic TV Series Batmobile PackBatmobile Track #1: Batcave Set Batmobile Track #2: Penguin's DockyardClassic TV Series Catwoman SkinClassic TV Series Robin Skin1970s Batman Themed Batmobile Skin Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #3AR Challenge: Chemical Reaction AR Challenge: Stage FrightAR Challenge: Cauldron Speedway TTAR Challenge: GuardiansAR Challenge: PrecinctAR Challenge: VertigoFree UpdatesCharacter Selection In AR Combat ChallengesOptional Hard Difficulty In AR Combat And Batmobile Combat ChallengesNOVEMBER2016 Batman v Superman Batmobile Pack2016 Batman v Superman Batman Skin2016 Batman v Superman BatmobileWayne Tech PackTrack #1: Proving Ground Track #2: Waynetech LoopArkham Episode: Catwoman's RevengeIncludes one story mission and two AR challenge mapsArkham Episode: A Flip Of A Coin, Starring RobinIncludes one story mission and two AR challenge maps Arkham Episodes AR Challenge Update Including Maps From GCPD Lockdown Robin And Batmobile Skins PackRobin Themed Batmobile Skin Original Tim Drake Robin SkinRiddler Themed Batmobile Skin Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #4AR Challenge: ClockworkAR Challenge: Credit CrunchAR Challenge: High FlyersAR Challenge: QuarantineAR Challenge: Wild CatAR Challenge: Divine InterventionFree UpdateCharacter Selection In AR Invisible Predator Challenges DECEMBERSeason Of Infamy: Most Wanted ExpansionMission: Beneath The Surface (Killer Croc) Mission: In From the Cold (Mister Freeze)Mission: Wonderland (Mad Hatter)Mission: Shadow War (Ra's Al Ghul)2008 Movie Batman Skin Original Arkham Batmobile Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #56 TBC AR Challenges

For those who didn't get the pass, there's still content coming in the form of free updates. Specifically, the updates in October will allow character selection in the AR Combat as well the option to play the AR Combat and Batmobile Combat challenges on Hard difficulty. The update in November will also allow you to select different characters for the AR Invisible Predator challenges.

Obviously, if you didn't get the pass, all of the content is available individually for purchase. However, you can still get the season pass for $39.99.

______________________________________________________________________

Rexly Peñaflorida II is a Contributor at Tom’s Hardware. He writes news on tech and hardware, but mostly focuses on gaming news. As a Chicagoan, he believes that deep dish pizza is real pizza and ketchup should never be on hot dogs. Ever. Also, Portillo's is amazing.

Follow Rexly Peñaflorida II @Heirdeux. Follow us @tomshardware, on Facebook and on Google+.

  • Emanuel Elmo
    so in other words let continue to work on what makes tons of money and slow everything else down to a crawl.

    Good thing I don't pre-order games anymore.
    Reply
  • jimmysmitty
    16793898 said:
    so in other words let continue to work on what makes tons of money and slow everything else down to a crawl.

    Good thing I don't pre-order games anymore.

    The patch released in the beginning of September actually fixed the performance issues for the majority of people, no there are just a few with issues. The Seasons Pass content was supposed to be coming out in monthly increments since launch but was delayed due to the performance issues with the game. Most of the content has been done for months actually.
    Reply
  • Emanuel Elmo
    16793915 said:
    16793898 said:
    so in other words let continue to work on what makes tons of money and slow everything else down to a crawl.

    Good thing I don't pre-order games anymore.

    The patch released in the beginning of September actually fixed the performance issues for the majority of people, no there are just a few with issues. The Seasons Pass content was supposed to be coming out in monthly increments since launch but was delayed due to the performance issues with the game. Most of the content has been done for months actually.

    http://www.engadget.com/2015/09/04/batman-arkham-knight-pc-fix/

    my point still stands. Release something broken, have people complain, release a half baked patch and than devote all resources to where the game still makes tons of money while putting everything else on the back burner.

    If the game is still off the shelf's, which it is, than it is still deemed broken. Just because bought a broken game and now it is less broken for you does not mean it is fixed.

    It is still broken. Again, glad I do not pre-order games anymore. 60 bucks for something broken is garbage.

    Reply
  • jimmysmitty
    16794064 said:
    16793915 said:
    16793898 said:
    so in other words let continue to work on what makes tons of money and slow everything else down to a crawl.

    Good thing I don't pre-order games anymore.

    The patch released in the beginning of September actually fixed the performance issues for the majority of people, no there are just a few with issues. The Seasons Pass content was supposed to be coming out in monthly increments since launch but was delayed due to the performance issues with the game. Most of the content has been done for months actually.

    http://www.engadget.com/2015/09/04/batman-arkham-knight-pc-fix/

    my point still stands. Release something broken, have people complain, release a half baked patch and than devote all resources to where the game still makes tons of money while putting everything else on the back burner.

    If the game is still off the shelf's, which it is, than it is still deemed broken. Just because bought a broken game and now it is less broken for you does not mean it is fixed.

    It is still broken. Again, glad I do not pre-order games anymore. 60 bucks for something broken is garbage.

    I said for the majority but there are still some who have issues. There are also other issues they are working on.

    Point is that the game for the majority of people playing it now runs smoothly without any of the major issues like stuttering and texture pop.

    Besides all the DLC is normally done by different departments or even companies so even if they didn;t release DLC it would still take the same time to patch it.
    Reply
  • QSV
    Why dont they make full blown expansions instead if they now start with this season pass audacity?
    Im not going to play this game before I have all the content available. And I am not going to spend $80+ on a game.
    Reply
  • Achoo22
    Why dont they make full blown expansions instead if they now start with this season pass audacity?
    Im not going to play this game before I have all the content available. And I am not going to spend $80+ on a game.

    The bulk of the DLC content is just skins and junk anyway. Even the Season of Infamy content is looking like very slim pickings. I'm not suggesting that you buy the game - in fact, it is probably still unavailable for purchase because of myriad unforgivable technical issues - just pointing out that you wouldn't be missing much w/o the DLC.
    Reply
  • velocityg4
    $40 for DLC that is insane. I've already beaten the game. I'll just wait until the DLC is all available for $5 on Steam. I could only see spending $40 if it gave me a new complete story line with side missions and hidden items as complex and complete as the original game.
    Reply
  • QSV
    16794971 said:
    Why dont they make full blown expansions instead if they now start with this season pass audacity?
    Im not going to play this game before I have all the content available. And I am not going to spend $80+ on a game.

    The bulk of the DLC content is just skins and junk anyway. Even the Season of Infamy content is looking like very slim pickings. I'm not suggesting that you buy the game - in fact, it is probably still unavailable for purchase because of myriad unforgivable technical issues - just pointing out that you wouldn't be missing much w/o the DLC.

    I enjoyed the DLC in the last game very much. Wouldnt have liked to play it without it. But I bought it when all DLC was released as an all in one pack for not a lot of money (GOTY). Guess I have to do the same here.
    Reply
  • eklipz330
    i think GOTY editions are slowly disemboweling the community... half the gamers are buying it during the initial release, the other half waiting for GOTY. soon more and more people will wait for GOTY, which will basically promote publishers from releasing broken games. this is especially bad for games that are multiplayer centric.

    and this is also the reason i really enjoy nintendo's platform. as of now, they have done very well keeping clear of this BS. their IP's hold their value very well.
    Reply
  • alidan
    i think GOTY editions are slowly disemboweling the community... half the gamers are buying it during the initial release, the other half waiting for GOTY. soon more and more people will wait for GOTY, which will basically promote publishers from releasing broken games. this is especially bad for games that are multiplayer centric.

    and this is also the reason i really enjoy nintendo's platform. as of now, they have done very well keeping clear of this BS. their IP's hold their value very well.

    or it could make publishers not make goty editions.
    if the only way to get the game and dlc is 60$+ and they are willing to hold out long enough, most people will get if for a higher price than they normally would. granted i get most of my AAA games when they hit impulse purchase prices, AAA doesn't make games that i find interesting most of the time... at least not full price interesting.
    Reply