Test Configuration And Methodology
|CPU||Intel Celeron 800 MHz|
|RAM||256 MB PC100|
|Hard drive||Western Digital 40 GB|
|CD Rom||Teac CD540E and Pioneer A105S|
|Graphic card||ATI Radeon 7500|
|OS||Windows XP Professional|
The test procedure was as follows:
NTest software used for:
- Monitor calibration
- Geometry evaluation
- Moire evaluation
- Convergence evaluation
- Image stability
- Readability evaluation
- Color purity evaluation
- Brightness and contrast evaluation
- Display of images and color charts (reds, greens, blues and grays) to evaluate quality of color rendering and range.
- Extra adjustments to display a maximum number of shades. A further evaluation of color ranges displayed.
- DVD Video playback (Brotherhood of the Wolf and Saving Private Ryan) and game playing (Quake III and Aquanox) to test quality in an entertainment environment.
- Test and examination of options provided by the OSD.
NTest was used in several resolutions (1024x768, 1280x1024, 1600x1200) at 85 Hz to see how the monitors reacted to changes, and to make sure and not give undue advantage to electronics optimized for a specific resolution.