Is Blizzard finally gearing up to introduce its Titan MMO? Nope, at least, not at PAX East next month. The company recently sent out an invitation to the press announcing that it will be revealing an entirely new game at the Boston show taking place March 22 to March 24. According to Blizzard, it will be "a little something different" than what we've seen so far.
"We've been working on a little something, different from our other games, and we're pleased to invite you to be the first to see it," the company said. "It's not a sequel, expansion, or that rumored next-gen MMO, but it's something we're excited for you to get your hands on."
Blizzard previously teased that a surprise awaited PAX East, and it was assumed that Blizzard would simply provide a playable version of Diablo 3 for PlayStation 3 (which will likely be there anyway) for hands-on exposure. However this latest announcement indicates it's something previously unannounced, yet doesn't necessarily state it's an entirely new IP (brand, franchise, etc).
So what does Blizzard have up its sleeve? The company typically makes its big reveals during BlizzCon which will be making a return this November – which is why this PAX East reveal is so mysterious. There's speculation that Blizzard has resurrected Starcraft: Ghost now that the studio has its console hands dirty once again.
As Gamefront points out, Blizzard's email calls it "the new Blizzard project." The company may be introducing Blizzard All-Stars, the League of Legends competitor that was originally called "Blizzard DOTA" until Valve took the studio to court over the DOTA name. It could also be the project Jay Wilson began working on after leaving the Diablo 3 team.
That said, let the speculation begin. It's not a sequel or expansion, so stifle those Warcraft 4 thoughts until November.