At first glance, the T5900 looks like a new version, with some changes, of 5.1 systems we're already familiar with from Creative's earlier lines... starting with the satellites, which have been widely used. They consist of two-way models with a 65 mm (3") midrange and a small dome/cone tweeter for the front speakers (right, left and center) and, for the rear units, modules that are very similar but use a 65 mm (3") full-range driver. The center unit is oriented horizontally, which will facilitate installation, above all if you want to put it under your screen. The units have a metal stand and a slot on the back for wall mounting with a single screw. Their look is more technical than high-design, but it'll do. The subwoofer is reasonable enough in size to fit easily under a desk or table. It has a 13-cm (5") driver mounted to one side, with the bass-reflex port opening in front.
The controls use the principle of a small, very easy-to-handle unit on the end of a cable. It includes the adjustments for volume and relative bass level, as well as a 3.5 mm (0.1") headphone jack and line input. It makes for ease of use and good adaptability.
- Bass power output: 22 W
- Satellite power output: 4 x 8 W
- Center channel power output: 20 W
- Frequency response: 40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Line input: line (5.1) + stereo line
- Headphone jack: on control unit
- Satellites: 65 mm (3") + tweeter (front), full-range 65 mm (3") (rear)
- Subwoofer: 13-cm (5") woofer
- Front satellite dimensions: 95 mm (4") x 197 mm (8") x 95 mm (4")
- Rear satellite dimensions: 95 mm (4") x 166 mm (7") x 95 mm (4")
- Subwoofer dimensions: 170 mm (7") x 285 mm (11") x 240 mm (9")