All three drives are limited to a 16x read speed, which is why the time required to copy 4.31GB onto a hard drive was very much the same. A five-second difference is basically no difference in the real world.
We received comparable results when we copied 6.26GB off a double-layer DVD. There are almost no differences in write performance.
- Old Versus New: DVD Drives Compared
- Read And Write Speeds
- NEC ND-4570A (2005, 16x)
- Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7173A (2006, 18x)
- Sony Optiarc AD-7240S (2009, 24x)
- Comparison Table And Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: Audio Grabbing And Seek Performance
- Benchmark Results: Sequential Read Performance
- Benchmark Results: Write Performance
- Benchmark Results: DVD-5 Write Diagrams
- Benchmark Results: DVD-9 Write Diagrams
- Benchmark Results: Power Requirements