Now that we know what to expect from PhysX on Normal, let's see the performance penalty associated with the High setting:
The average frame rates haven't moved much, but the minimums have all been pushed below 30 FPS, even for the highest performer, the GeForce GTX 260.
Oddly, despite the added processing demands, the minimum and the average frame rates have not moved on the Radeon cards.
Let's see what happens when we add a dedicated card for PhysX processing.
- Image Quality
- Test System And Settings
- Benchmark Results: High Detail
- Benchmark Results: High Detail, 4x AA
- Benchmark Results: High Detail, PhysX On Normal
- Benchmark Results: High Detail, PhysX On High
- Benchmark Results: High Detail, PhysX On High, And A Dedicated PhysX Card
- CPU Benchmarks: PhysX Off
- CPU Benchmarks: PhysX Enabled