Processor: Intel Core i5-2400
The success or failure of this rig falls upon one component: Intel's Core i5-2400.
This 32 nm, LGA 1155, Sandy Bridge-based chip, has four physical cores clocked at 3.1 GHz, one 256 KB L2 cache per core, and 6 MB of shared L3 cache. The second-generation Core i5 features Turbo Boost technology able to boost a single active core up to 3.4 GHz, but it lacks the Hyper-Threading capability available on the dual-core Core i3 and quad-core Core i7 models.
CPU Cooler: Intel Retail Boxed Heat Sink And Fan
The boxed cooler consists of a familiar orb-style aluminum heatsink fitted with a copper insert, a low 2000 RPM PWM-controlled fan, and a push-pin mounting bracket.
- Profiting From A Pricier Processor
- CPU And Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics Card And Hard Drive
- Case, Power Supply, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System Configuration And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And Just Cause 2
- Benchmark Results: F1 2010 And Metro 2033
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Power Consumption And Temperatures
- Can Core i5-2400 Justify Its Higher Cost?