1,000 MB/s across the network - a Broadcom controller makes it possible.
Very nice: we liked the way the IDE connectors are tilted away from the board. Cables are easier to connect and they don't get in the way of long PCI cards.
The second serial port is not present on the board and must be added via an adapter unit if required. Asus includes a complete set of cables.
Asus is another company keen on front-mounted ports. The J-Panel module features two USB ports and sockets for the sound system. Compared with other solutions it looks somewhat basic but nevertheless does the job perfectly.
The market leader knows what a user manual should look like. It includes an installation guide in 12 languages.
- The More The Merrier? SiS655 With Dual DDR333 On Test
- Wider, Not Faster: Dual Channel DDR Instead Of Speed Increase
- Waiting For Serial ATA
- 16 P4 Chipsets Compared
- 16 P4 Chipsets Compared, Continued
- AOpen AX45-4D Max
- AOpen AX45-4D Max, Continued
- Asus P4SDX Deluxe
- Asus P4SDX Deluxe, Continued
- Gigabyte SINXP-1394
- Gigabyte SINXP-1394, Continued
- MSI 655 Max (MS-6730)
- MSI 655 Max (MS-6730), Continued
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results
- Comanche 4 Demo
- Unreal Tournament 2003
- Office-/Internet-Performance: Sysmark 2002
- SPECviewperf 7
- 3D Studio Max 5.1
- Conclusion - Don't Jump The Gun