Time to completion in our multi-threaded benchmarks is quickest on the Core i7-3960X, as the preceding benchmark results implied.
The Sandy Bridge-E-based system has the lowest average power of any comparison system with six or eight cores when executing the multi-threaded tasks from our benchmark suite.
Total power used drops again relative to Core i7-3960X's predecessor, the Core i7-980X (Gulftown).
- Sandy Bridge-E: Could The -E Stand For Efficiency?
- Hardware: Core i7-3960X, Intel DX79SI, Radeon HD 6850
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Archiving And Professional Applications
- Benchmark Results: Matlab
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video
- Benchmark Results: Idle And Peak Power
- Benchmark Results: Single-Threaded Efficiency Run
- Benchmark Results: Multi-Threaded Efficiency Run
- Benchmark Results: Combined Efficiency Run
- Efficiency Score And Power Diagram
- Is Core i7-3960X An Efficiency Winner?