PCMark Vantage reflects typical PC multimedia usage. Still, it’s useful to see how much real life performance would change if you were to go from an eight-drive HDD RAID to a two-drive SSD array, if only as a point of reference.
A 3x performance gain for starting Windows is stunning given that the drive count drops from eight or four to only two.
- The Business Storage Revolution
- SSD Developments
- The SSD: Samsung 470-Series (MZ-SPA256, 256 GB)
- The HDDs: Fujitsu MBA3147RC (147 GB, 15 000 RPM)
- Can RAID Beat The SSD?
- Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And 4K Random Read/Write
- Benchmark Results: Read/Write Throughput And Streaming
- Benchmark Results: I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Vantage Application Performance
- Benchmark Results: System Power Requirement
- Benchmark Results: Performance Per Watt Efficiency