Games based on older engines typically produce super-high frame rates, where the system’s ability to feed the cards trumps the card’s ability to compute that data. For Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, the result is a tight CPU bottleneck at 1680x1050 that is only slightly less apparent when using a single card.
We’re still CPU-limited at 2560x1600, but to a far lesser degree, so that three-way SLI begins to pull ahead. As with the AvP benchmark, the X58 pulls slightly ahead of the P55+NF200 combo as graphics load is increased.
- Three-Way Goes Mainstream?
- The P55 Challenger
- The P55 Challenger, Continued
- The X58 Defender
- Test Settings And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark
- Benchmark Results: Alien Vs. Predator
- Benchmark Results: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Performance Analysis
- Power And Efficiency