No surprises here: the energy-saving mechanisms and the lower spindle speeds of the Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000 and the Western Digital Caviar Green WD30EZRS show their impact on operating temperatures, which are much higher on the performance drives.
The green drives also dominate in terms of power consumption.
It is obvious that the Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000 and the Western Digital Caviar Green WD30EZRS are the performance per watt champions.
- Who Sells The Best 3 TB Hard Drive?
- Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000 (HDS5C3030ALA630) And Deskstar 7K3000 (HDS723030ALA640)
- Seagate Barracuda XT (ST33000651AS)
- Western Digital Caviar Green (WD30EZRS)
- Comparison Table And Test Setup
- Benchmark Results: Data Transfer Diagrams
- Benchmark Results: Throughput And Interface Bandwidth
- Benchmark Results: 4 KB Random Reads/Writes And Streaming Reads/Writes
- Benchmark Results: Access Time And I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Application Performance
- Temperature And Power Consumption
- Which 3 TB Hard Drive Is Best?