The Thunder K8W (S2885ANRF) from Tyan is intended for dual-Opteron systems and makes it possible to assign each processor its own RAM.
AMD sent us the Opteron Platform with a K8W (S2885ANRF) by Tyan. It was unfortunately not possible to launch the Solidworks-2003 benchmark with this circuit board, as the application could not address the parallel port dongle. Tyan sent us a replacement board, which did not bring any improvement, however.
Solidworks 2003 misses the dongle and refuses to cooperate.
Xeon Board: MSI Master-LS2 For Prestonia
MSI Master-LS2 (MS-9121).
We selected the MSI Master-LS2 for the Xeon with the Prestonia core, as this motherboard emerged as the test victor in our last roundup of dual Xeon motherboards .
- AMD Is Winning
- AMD Opteron Processor
- One, Two, Four... Or How About Eight CPUs?
- One, Two, Four... Or How About Eight CPUs? Continued
- 64 Bits: Windows XP X64 Edition Free
- 1, 2, 4... Or How About 8 CPUs? Continued
- Chipset Platform: AMD 8100 + A8151 + A8131/8132 + A8111
- Chipset Platform: AMD 8100 (A8151 + A8131/8132 + A8111), Continued
- What's Next?
- Intel Xeon Processor With Nocona Core
- HyperThreading As In The Past
- Heat Loss Decreases With Demand-based Switching
- Psst! EM64T Is Here
- Intel's Ideal Platform: E7525 + 6300ESB + 6700PXH + ICH5R + IOP332
- Not Downward Compatible
- Not Downward Compatible, Continued
- Platform Alternative I: Intel 875P + 6300ESB
- Platform Alternative II: Intel E7505 + P64H2 + ICH4
- Platform Alternative II: Intel E7505 + P64H2 + ICH4, Continued
- Test Hardware
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 3400 (PCI Express)
- A Board For The Opteron: Tyan K8W
- Xeon Board: Supermicro X6DAE-G2 For Nocona
- Mains Adaptors And Heatsinks
- Test Setup
- Benchmarks Used
- Benchmark Programs In Detail
- Benchmark Programs In Detail, Continued
- Benchmark Results
- 3DSMAX 6
- Maya 5
- Newtek Lightwave
- Mainconcept MPEG Encoder
- Microsoft Movie Maker
- Cool Edit Pro
- SPECopc Viewperf (Synthetic)
- SPECopc Viewperf, Continued
- SiSoftware Sandra 2004 (Synthetic)