Here’s where Crysis 2 pushes hardware as hard as it can, with DirectX 11 and all of the visual goodies enabled. In light of the DirectX 9 Ultra detail performance results, we added Radeon HD 6970s in CrossFire and GeForce GTX 580s in SLI in order to maximize our chances of seeing playable frame rates at 1080p:
At 1280x1024, the Radeon HD 6850 and GeForce GTX 460 are humbled. The playing field is a lot tighter at 1680x1050, where the Radeon HD 6970, GeForce GTX 570, Radeon HD 6850s in CrossFire, and GeForce GTX 460s in SLI have minimum frame rates close to the 30 FPS requisite.
At 1080p, only the Radeon HD 6970s in CrossFire and GeForce GTX 580s in SLI deliver completely fluid frame rates.
- Crysis 2, DirectX 11, And High-Res Textures, Oh My!
- A Laundry List Of Visual Improvements
- Test System And Benchmarks
- DirectX 9: Low-Detail Benchmarks
- DirectX 9: Ultra Detail Benchmarks
- DirectX 11: Ultra Detail Benchmarks
- High-Resolution Texture Benchmarks
- CPU Benchmarks
- Crysis 2 Is The Best DirectX 11 Implementation Yet