Crytek recommends a 1 GB graphics card when enabling the high-resolution texture pack, so we tested a few 1 GB solutions at both DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 to see if it affects performance:
Apparently not. Frame rates are virtually identical, regardless of whether the high-resolution texture pack is enabled. Unfortunately, we don’t have a 768 MB card on hand to see if this is applies to environment with less available graphics memory, too.
It's at least nice to know that folks with 1 GB cards can turn on this feature without losing significant playability in the process.
- Crysis 2, DirectX 11, And High-Res Textures, Oh My!
- A Laundry List Of Visual Improvements
- Test System And Benchmarks
- DirectX 9: Low-Detail Benchmarks
- DirectX 9: Ultra Detail Benchmarks
- DirectX 11: Ultra Detail Benchmarks
- High-Resolution Texture Benchmarks
- CPU Benchmarks
- Crysis 2 Is The Best DirectX 11 Implementation Yet