Comanche 4 is one of the first games on the market to support DirectX 8. The P4/3600 leads the pack with 68 fps. When older processors are used, the new game can hardly be played.
MP3 Audio Encoding: Lame MP3 Encoder 3.92
With the help of Lame MP3 encoder, a 178 MB sound file is converted from WAV format to MPEG-1 Layer 3 format in Windows XP. The chart shows that the P4 with 3.6 GHz is in the lead position.
- Competition For AMD's "Hammer": P4 With 3.6 GHz And 3.33 GHz
- Intoxicated With Speed: AMD Athlon V. Intel P4
- Ride Like The Wind: P4/3600 With 533 MHz RDRAM
- Comparison Of All P4 CPUs
- Test Setup And Details
- Benchmarks Under Windows XP
- OpenGL Performance "Quake 3 Arena": Record With 416 Frames!
- DirectX 7 Games: 3D Mark 2000
- DirectX 8 Hardcore Game: Comanche 4
- MP3-Audio-Encoding: MP3 Maker Platinium
- SiSoft Sandra 2002 Benchmarks: CPU And Multimedia
- Multimedia Performance: PC Mark 2002
- Office/Internet Performance: Sysmark 2002
- Archiving: WinACE 2.2
- 3D Rendering: Cinema 4D XL 7.303
- 3D Rendering Performance: SPEC Viewperf 7
- Conclusion: 3.6 GHz P4 Outclasses The X86 World - Waiting For The AMD Hammer
- Update On Sep 12, 2002: The Picture Issue