When it comes time to hunt down the ultimate in storage performance, you simply cannot settle for standard SSDs. Instead, look to PCI Express-based drives that circumvent the limitations of SATA. We have products from Fusion-io, LSI, and OCZ on the bench.
Our Web server test pattern is based on 100% read operation and 100% random operation using the following block sizes: 512 bytes: 22%, 1 KB: 15%, 2 KB: 8%, 4 KB: 23%, 8 KB: 15%, 16 KB: 2%, 32 KB: 6%, 64 KB: 7%, 128 KB: 1%, 512 KB: 1%. The results are similar again: LSI's WarpDrive dominates.
The workstation test pattern is based on 80% reads and 80% random operation at 8 KB block size. One more time, the LSI WarpDrive pulls ahead.
- PCI Express-Powered Storage By Fusion-io, LSI, OCZ
- PCI Express Storage Concepts
- Fusion-io ioDrive (160/112 GB) And ioXtreme (80 GB)
- LSI WarpDrive Acceleration Card SLP-300 (300 GB)
- OCZ Ibis (240 GB)
- New AS SSD Benchmark
- Test Procedure And Access Time Results
- Benchmark Results: Database And File Server I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: Web Server And Workstation I/O Performance
- Benchmark Results: 4 KB Random Reads/Writes
- Benchmark Results: AS SSD Copy Testing
- Benchmark Results: AS SSD Sequential Read/Write
- Benchmark Results: AS SSD Read/Write And Total Score
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Vantage
- Compression Test: Fusion-io ioDrive And ioXtreme
- Compression Test: LSI WarpDrive SLP-300
- Compression Test: OCZ Ibis