Mafia presents a strange picture. The Nvidia setups trail AMD at lower resolutions and low settings, but they win in our enthusiast configuration.
In both categories, however, CrossFire and SLI fall victim to micro-stuttering. At higher resolutions, Nvidia seems worse than AMD. The three-way CrossFire setup is the overall winner if you want to keep stuttering to a minimum.
- Micro-Stuttering, Multi-Card Scaling, And More!
- How Do CrossFire And SLI Work?
- Micro-Stuttering: So Subtle, Yet So Annoying
- Step 1: CrossFire With Two GPUs
- Step 1: CrossFire With Two GPUs (Vs. SLI)
- Step 2: CrossFire With Three GPUs
- Step 3: CrossFire With Four GPUs (Vs. SLI)
- Test System And Benchmark Selection
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark 11 And Unigine Sanctuary
- Benchmark Results: DirectX 11 Games
- Benchmark Results: DirectX 10 Games
- Benchmark Results: DirectX 9 Games
- Tom's Hardware Performance Index
- Power Draw
- CrossFire, SLI, And Micro-Stuttering