The last two products in this roundup were provided by Transcend, which has been another important player in the memory market. The first of these was the Class 6 rated card with a total capacity of 16 GB; there are also 4 GB and 8 GB models available.
Our 16 GB test sample was good for 19.7 MB/s maximum read transfer rate and up to 15.9 MB/s maximum write throughput. The minimum write speed was 12.8 MB/s, which is a nice result.
The second card is the 150X Class 6 SDHC, and is meant to be even faster. While this was in fact the case for maximum write throughput, the minimum write transfer rate was actually a bit slower than what we saw with the conventional Class 6 card. Read throughput was generally high at 19.6-19.7 MB/s minimum to maximum read transfer rate.
- SD Memory Cards for Professionals
- Kingston Class 4 and Class 6, 32 GB and 8 GB
- Lexar Platinum II and Professional
- OCZ SDHC 8 GB, Patriot SDHC 16 GB
- PNY Optima and Optima Pro (32 GB, 4 GB)
- SanDisk Extreme III 4 GB, Silicon Power SDHC 16 GB
- Transcend Class 6 16 GB, 150X 4 GB
- Test Setup and Card Reader, Considerations
- Access Time, I/O Performance
- Interface Performance, Throughput
- Comparison Table