Motherboard: ASRock G41M-LE
The ASRock G41M-LE is based on the Intel G41 northbridge and ICH7 southbridge. It supports a full array of Socket 775 processors including FSB1333 dual- and quad-cores. Two DDR2 memory slots offer dual-channel support.
Integrated features include Intel's Graphics Media Accelerator X4500 with both DVD-D and D-Sub connections, 7.1-channel HD audio, and Gigabit LAN. There is also room for expansion with PCI Express (PCIe) x16, PCIe x1, and PCI slots. Overclocking options include memory strap by jumpers, voltage and multiplier adjustments in the BIOS, and the ability to enable a fixed speed PCIe and PCI bus. At $62, we do give up the solid capacitor design used on more expensive motherboards.
Memory: G.Skill HK 4GB DDR2 800
Although the motherboard does support DDR2-1066, there was better value in saving $15 and buying the same G.Skill PC2-6400 again this month. It has 4-4-4-12 timings, is rated at 1.8-1.9 V, and is backed by a manufacturer’s lifetime warranty.
- Affordable Gaming To Go
- CPU And Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics Card And Hard Drive
- Case, Power Supply, And Optical Drive
- Test System Configuration And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And Far Cry 2
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky And World In Conflict
- Benchmark Results: A/V Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Applications
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Power Consumption