Matlab is a professional application from The MathWorks, which solves complex mathematical problems and represents them graphically. Matlab accomplishes this mostly through the use of matrices, explaining the name: it stands for MATrix LABoratory.
Not surprisingly, overclocking benefits performance in a fairly predictable way. We can be relatively certain that the workload presented to our processor is well threaded, as the test continues speeding up after the low-activity multiplier hits 47x. Bumps up from 44x, 45x, 46x, and 47x under full load demonstrate incremental speed-ups.
- Sandy Bridge-E: Does The E Stand For Efficiency?
- Intel's Core i7-3000 Family: Dominating The High-End
- Overclocking: Procedure, Details, And Log
- Screenshot Or It Didn't Happen
- Test Configuration And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Matlab
- Benchmark Results: Professional Applications
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video And Compression Programs
- Power Consumption
- Efficiency: Single-Threaded (One Core Active)
- Efficiency: Multi-Threaded (All Cores Active)
- Overall Efficiency: Single- And Multi-Threaded
- Sandy Bridge-E’s Efficiency Suffers Significantly Overclocked