A look at the Gigabyte board
The Gigabyte board from the other side
Like MSI's board, Gigabyte's model comes with a BIOS resetting feature. However, instead of a button, Gigabyte simply gives the user two pins. Close the contact between them using a screwdriver or a jumper, and the BIOS is reset. However, unlike MSI's solution, using this feature resets all BIOS settings except date and time.
Although Gigabyte's board doesn't boast a heatpipe, it does sport a very large Northbridge heatsink. Gigabyte chose a 6-phase power design - MSI uses a 4-phase design.
The board features Realtek's new ALC889a sound chip. Unlike MSI's board, the Gigabyte provides an optical and a coaxial digital output.
The ATX connector bracket.
Gigabyte's bundle consists of an ATX shield, which is color-coded and clearly marked, as well as an eSATA connector set, allowing the user to attach a normal SATA drive externally. An appropriate external power connector extension cord and shield are also included.
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 BIOS - click to launch slide show
- E6750 Or Q6600 - Which Is The Better Choice?
- The Processors - E6750 Or Q6600?
- Processor - G0 Stepping Is A Must
- Motherboard - Gigabyte Or MSI With P35 Chipset
- Highlights Of The MSI Board - Affordable, Heatpipe On Board
- Highlights Of The Gigabyte Board - More Features
- GEIL Memory - An Overclocking Natural
- Cooler - Zalman's CNPS9700LED Is Ideal
- Looking At The Bottom Line - CPU, Cooler, Board And RAM
- Overclocking I - Dual-Core E6750 At 3.00 GHz
- Overclocking II - Dual-Core E6750 At 3.30 GHz
- Overclocking III - Dual-Core E6750 At 3.40 GHz
- Overclocking IV - Dual-Core E6750 At 3.50 GHz
- Overclocking V - Dual-Core E6750 At 3.60 GHz
- Overclocking I - Quad-Core Q6600 At 3.00 GHz
- Overclocking II - Quad-Core Q6600 At 3.20 GHz
- Overclocking III - Quad-Core Q6600 At 3.30 GHz
- Overview Of Core Voltages
- Overclocking Yields 25% Performance Increase
- Performance Winner - Q6600 Provides 5.3% More Performance
- Test Setup
- Software Configuration
- Benchmarks And Settings
- 3D Games - UT2004, Prey
- 3D Games - Quake 4, Warhammer
- 3D Games - Supreme Commander, Serious Sam 2
- 3D-Rendering - Cinema 4D, 3D-Studio Max
- Applications - AVG, WinRAR
- Applications - Photoshop, PDF
- Applications - Deep Fritz
- Audio Encoding - ITunes, Lame
- Synthetic - Sandra CPU
- Synthetic - Sandra Memory
- Synthetic - Sandra Multimedia
- Synthetic - PC-Mark
- Synthetic - 3D-Mark
- Video Encoding - Xvid, Pinnacle Studio
- Video Encoding - Premiere, Mainconcept
- Video Encoding - HDTV, DivX
- Video Encoding - CloneDVD
- Conclusions: Intel Quad-Core And MSI P35 Neo2 Get Our Nod