Gearbox Software and 2K Games has officially confirmed a previously leaked photo showing a (really, really) massive "Ball of Steel" edition of the long-awaited Duke Nukem Forever game for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC.
For $99.99 the bundle will contain the game, exclusive Balls of Steel cover art and the following goodies:
- Collectible bust of the greatest alien ass-kicker of all-time
- Numbered, limited-edition certificate of authenticity
- 100-page hardcover book: The History, Legacy & Legend: Duke Nukem Forever Art from the Vault
- Duke Nukem Forever postcard series
- Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem sticker
- Duke Nukem Forever collectable comic book
- Duke Nukem Forever foldable paper craft
- Duke Nukem Forever poker chips
- Duke Nukem Forever mini-card deck
- Duke Nukem Forever radioactive emblem dice
"Duke Nukem is one of the biggest and most recognizable brands in the interactive entertainment industry," 2K Games said in a statement. "Irreverent, politically incorrect, and uber macho, Duke Nukem is the perfect, uncompromising ass-kicking hero to remedy the overdose of today’s gaming archetypes. Duke brings his signature brand of babe-lovin’, cigar-smoking, beer-chugging and ass-kicking action as he saves the Earth and its babes from hordes of invading aliens."
Duke Nukem Forever is "still" on track for a May 3, 2011 release. Those interested in sinking just over $100 into the Balls of Steel edition can pre-order this bundle exclusively at GameStop (opens in new tab) and Amazon (opens in new tab).
In related news, there's an interesting Return of the Duke interview over on Game Trailers (thanks Joe), featuring Randy Pitchford as he talks about various components during numerous short clips of gameplay. Ultimately we learn that players can pull a turd out of a toilet and write on the bathroom stall wall. Yes, we waited over a decade to do this. We can't wait.