The Sandy Bridge design lands right between AMD’s new A10 and A8 chips in this latest version of WinZip, which is better-optimized for threading than any of its predecessors.
Although WinRAR is purportedly able to exploit many cores, the dual-core Sandy Bridge-based chip takes first place. Both dual-module APUs follow close behind, though.
In yet another reversal, 7-Zip, which has always been one of the most efficient archival utilities in our suite, favors all four quad-core AMD APUs before the Core i3 shows up.
- Following Up With More Test Data
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Sandra 2012
- Benchmark Results: Adobe CS5 And 6
- Benchmark Results: Content Creation
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Media Encoding
- Benchmark Results: File Compression
- Batman: Arkham City
- World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Diablo III
- If Trinity Showed Up Today...