Finally, let’s consider coverage sample AA performance at 1080p. As before, we start with the GeForce cards to see how the 8x MSAA-based modes fare at this higher resolution:
In some games, it’s clear that 16xQ CSAA and 32x CSAA are quite demanding. Just Cause 2 is particularly hard on the GeForce GTX 570 when it comes to 32x CSAA. But what about the Radeon HD 6900 series?
It is interesting that 4x EQAA performs close to true 8x MSAA. In this instance, 8x MSAA is the obvious way to go.
- I'm Anti-Aliasing. As In, I Won't Stand For Aliasing.
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing: 1280x1024
- Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing: 1680x1050
- Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing: 1920x1080
- Coverage Sample Anti-Aliasing: 1280x1024
- Coverage Sample Anti-Aliasing: 1680x1050
- Coverage Sample Anti-Aliasing: 1920x1080
- Edge-Detect Anti-Aliasing: 1280x1024
- Edge-Detect Anti-Aliasing: 1680x1050
- Edge-Detect Anti-Aliasing: 1920x1080
- Texture Transparency Anti-Aliasing: 1280x1024
- Texture Transparency Anti-Aliasing: 1680x1050
- Texture Transparency Anti-Aliasing: 1920x1080
- Morphological Anti-Aliasing: 1280x1024
- Morphological Anti-Aliasing: 1680x1050
- Morphological Anti-Aliasing: 1920x1080
- Supersampling Anti-Aliasing Benchmarks
- Multiple Anti-Aliasing Modes For Multiple Scenarios