We get our first inclination of interesting performance results here in 3DMark Vantage. Although this synthetic suite is not necessarily representative of things to come in the real world, it’s often a decent predictor of overall performance. And what the metric tells us is that AMD’s Radeon HD 5830 is quite a bit quicker than the GeForce GTX 465 and the GeForce GTX 460 1 GB and 768 MB cards.
Most interesting, perhaps, is that the GeForce GTX 460 1 GB is faster than the GTX 465, while the GeForce GTX 460 768 MB is just a tad behind. Let’s see if that placement pans out as we start testing some of the more popular games available right now.
- GeForce GTX 460 At 1 GB And 768 MB
- GF104: In Practice With GeForce GTX 460
- In Theory: Tessellation And Bitstreaming
- Sneak Peek At SLI
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark Vantage
- Benchmark Results: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (DX9)
- Benchmark Results: Crysis (DX10)
- Benchmark Results: Aliens Vs. Predator (DX11)
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2 (DX11)
- Benchmark Results: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (DX11)
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2 (DX11)
- Power Consumption And Temperature