Following its announcement of the Galaxy S3 Premium Suite upgrade, Samsung has further detailed the features set to be introduced by the new variant of its flagship smartphone.
The handset's camera features will now have a low-light-shot component, delivering better picture-taking in dark environments. A Best Face feature, meanwhile, enables users to take five pictures consecutively and then choose which one to keep, with the camera notifying users how many faces it can detect in the preview.
Samsung also said the Premium Suite upgrade will offer an "easy mode" for users who just want to view the five most-frequently used widgets on the handset's home screen, joined by a sound balance mode that allows you to adjust the volume balance in either earphone.
The company had previously confirmed that Page Buddy, a feature that predicts what the users wish to do based on their actions, will be introduced through the Premium Suite upgrade. A contextual menu feature was also confirmed, which showcases the most frequently used apps within a single pane.
Confirmed features for the Galaxy S3 Premium Suite upgrade thus far are as follows:
- Page Buddy
- Contexual Menu
- Contexual Tag
- Multi Window
- Auto Share Shot Paring using NFC
- Reader Mode
- Facebook Lock Ticker
- Paper Artist: You can make a picture like a pop artist. Change the moods of your pictures whenever you want.
- Camera, Low Light Shot: It’s always tough to take pictures in dark places. So the GALAXY S III with Premium Suite has a Low-Light-Shot function. Get your hands on one and check out the difference.
- Camera, Best Face: The problem with group pictures? Somebody always, ALWAYS blinks. Well, Best Face is your solution to that. Best Face takes 5 consecutive pictures and lets you choose the best face for each person among those shots.
- Easy Mode: For first-time smartphone users and/or those who are really really, well, lazy. This function helps you set up the most five frequently used widgets on the home screen, so you don’t have to be tired of looking everywhere to find those apps.
- Sound Balance: You can adjust the balance of volume one each side of earphones.
- Setup Wizard: After turning on your cell phone, you can see the accessibility menu right away on the screen.
- Camera Easy Snap: With ‘talk back’ and ‘face detection’ on your settings menu, the GALAXY S III tells you how many faces it can detect on the camera preview.
Samsung didn't divulge a launch frame for the new variant of the device, but said "availability and timing" of the upgrade will "vary depending on country and mobile carrier."
Stay on the Cutting Edge
Join the experts who read Tom's Hardware for the inside track on enthusiast PC tech news — and have for over 25 years. We'll send breaking news and in-depth reviews of CPUs, GPUs, AI, maker hardware and more straight to your inbox.
All I want is jelly bean to be pushed to my s3Reply
2 faces are detected...Reply
3 faces are detected...
Nuclear Launch detected
Not sure why you would want to adjust the volume differently in one earphone than the other... but alright.Reply
Will it be an OTA upgrade to current handsets or will it be a new "S" device?Reply
Best Face feature, meanwhile, enables users to take five pictures consecutively and then choose which one to keep, with the camera notifying users how many faces it can detect in the preview.
Incorrect: It actually takes 5 photos detecting each face. You then select each face you prefer. A composite image is then created, merging the individual heads from the 5 images into one image; with the "best faces" you selected.
markscottukWill it be an OTA upgrade to current handsets or will it be a new "S" device?Reply
The article says it will depend on carriers so doesn't that tell you it's OTA?
It's also for the GS3 so where does your head get new "S" device from?
how can i get this upgrade...really cool!Reply