The unit is adequately equipped for a TV set. In fact, we didn't find anything more complete on any of the models tested here. There are three Peritel/SCART connectors and cinch and S-Video connectors for the usual peripherals. YUV and HDMI will make it easy for owners of a Toshiba 32WL48P to move to HDTV when the time comes.
At first blush, the TV is a serious product. Toshiba knows its business and missing are the kind of foul-ups made by manufacturers coming from the PC world.
Toshiba 32WL48P: Color Rendering
Here again, proper rendering of black is impossible, and we'll have to settle for relatively poor fidelity in the dark colors.
|Black spot||White spot||Contrast|
The black level is not good on this set either, despite brightness that's lower than the competition's. I was hoping for a little better from a Toshiba set.
While not catastrophic, the Toshiba 32WL48P's uniformity is not the best we've seen. The values are spread over 30% of the total range - average, but frequent for a 32" model, unfortunately.
- LG RZ30LZ50
- Spatial Uniformity
- ViewSonic N3200W
- ViewSonic NW3200: 0 To 255 In 18 Ms
- IIYAMA L323W-S
- IIYAMA L323W-S: Flabby
- Toshiba 32WL48G
- Toshiba 32WL48P: Good Responsiveness
- Phocus LCD 30 WMS
- Phocus LCD 30 WMS: No Worse Than The Others
- Phocus LCD 30 WMS: Tight And Responsive
- Philips 30PF9946/12
- Philips 30PF9946/12: More Of The Same
- Philips 30PF9946/12: 16 Ms... Sometimes
- Hyundai HQL320WR
- Hyundai HQL320WR: Good Static Qualities
- Hyundai HQL320WR: Rather Fast