IE10 shows the most remarkable improvements in the Kraken and SunSpider benchmarks, while RIABench and Peacekeeper only reflect a marginal improvement over IE9. Chrome is the hands-down winner, as it has been for nearly the entire lifespan of Google's browser.
DOM (Document Object Model)
We use the DOM Core subsection of Mozilla's Dromaeo DOM tests to represent DOM performance in our final scoring. The Dromaeo results are an average of two iterations.
- Windows 8: Is Web Browsing Any Different?
- Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera
- Test Setup And Benchmark Suite
- Load Times
- HTML5 And CSS Performance
- Hardware Acceleration Performance
- Plug-In Performance
- Memory Efficiency
- Reliability And Security
- Standards Conformance
- The King Is Dead, Long Live The King!