Exporting In Adobe Premiere Pro
|Overall Statistics||Premiere Pro, Exporting|
|Read Operations||140 861|
|Write Operations||31 081|
|Data Read||17.04 MB|
|Data Written||3.08 GB|
|Disk Busy Time||49.45 s|
|Average Data Rate||416.53 MB/s|
Exporting is expectedly all 128 KB sequential writes. However, there are a few surprises. Even though you're combining several files, the majority of operations are not queued one deep, because this workload isn't only comprised of writing one video file. Instead, the encoder has to work ahead to combine video and audio tracks, while adding effects midstream.
Our specific workload involves exporting to Blu-ray-compliant .M2V and .WAV file formats. Since we're compressing, we're able to shrink four video files totaling 16 GB to a more manageable 2.41 GB. Interestingly, our trace indicates that we've written as much as 3.0 GB.
- 14% of all operations occur at a queue depth of one
- 36% of all operations occur at queue depths of two and four
- 46% of all operations occur at queue depths of five and eight
- 91% of all data transferred is sequential
- 95% of all operations are 128 KB in transfer size