Armed with two Radeon HD 5850s, even taxing DirectX 11 features like tessellation aren’t a problem. This is definitely not the case when it comes to a single graphics card running DiRT 2 in DirectX 11 mode--our recent performance analysis showed that even the mighty Radeon HD 5870 can only manage about 30 frames per second at 2560x1600 when 4x AA is applied.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. shows a performance increase with the overclock, but it only makes a practical difference at 2560x1600 at ultra-high details with 4x AA applied. At all of the lower settings and resolutions, the game performs so smoothly that any overclocking increases are academic.
- The Components
- CPU, Motherboard, And Cooler
- Video Cards, Power Supply, And Case
- Memory, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Media Encoding
- Benchmark Results: 2D And 3D Graphics
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And World In Conflict
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2 And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
- Benchmark Results: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Power And Temperature Benchmarks