PCMark Vantage shows almost linear performance gains when overclocking to the various clock speeds. The interesting part will be the analysis of performance versus power consumption, which we did based on PCMark.
As expected, the GPU score of 3DMark Vantage doesn’t change much with increasing clock speed.
The CPU score does, however, and it shows nicely that the 4.0 GHz clock speed causes the processor throttle—you can see this by the fact that the 3.8 GHz setting provides more 3DMark Vantage performance.
- Does it Make Sense To Go for Maximum Performance?
- Hardware: Core i7 920, Asus X58, Corsair DDR3
- Overclocking Choices And Details
- From 2.66 To 4.0 GHz
- Test System
- Benchmark Results: Games
- Benchmark Results: PCMark & 3DMark Vantage
- Benchmark Results: Applications
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video
- Idle/Peak Power Consumption Analysis
- Average And Total Power During PCMark
- Efficiency Results