This quarter's build also fails to impress in our compression-oriented tests.
In WinZip, for example, the EZ workload represents highest-compression possible utilizing all cores, and the Core i3 just can't compete. The less-taxing CPU benchmark takes less time on all platforms, but still favors the Core i5. And it's only when we let the graphics cards chip in with an OpenCL-enabled workload that the scores even out a little bit.
- Colliding Interests Shape Our Mini-ITX Effort
- CPU And Cooler
- Motherboard And Memory
- Graphics Card And Hard Drive
- Case, Power Supply, And Optical Drive
- Assembling Our Budget-Oriented Box
- Just Enough Overclocking To Game...
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Results: Synthetics
- Results: Audio And Video
- Results: Adobe Creative Suite
- Results: Productivity
- Results: Compression
- Results: Battlefield 3 And The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Results: F1 2012 And Far Cry 3
- Power Consumption And Temperatures
- Gaming Performance Summary
- Can We Really Call This Better For Gaming?