When it comes to power draw, it should be no surprise that the current system and its dual-card graphics configuration require significantly more power to operate. Note that pure CPU power usage is similar, though.
As close as CPU performance is between these systems, they show very different thermal characteristics, too. Note how the previous build’s CPU temperature is much lower due to the superior Hyper 212 cooler.
On the other hand, the new build’s Gigabyte graphics cards stay relatively cool even under load, purportedly as a result of their aftermarket dual-fan cooling system.
- System Builder Marathon: $1000 Enthusiast System
- CPU, Motherboard, And Cooler
- Video Cards, Power Supply, And Case
- Memory, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Media Encoding Applications
- Benchmark Results: 2D And 3D Graphics Apps
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And Just Cause 2
- Benchmark Results: Metro 2033 And F1 2010
- Power And Temperature Benchmarks