There's also some news on video codecs - in the 3.22 version, the new Divx codec is no longer separated into a slow and fast version. From now on, it only comes in one version.
The new 4.0 version of the Divx codec is still in its alpha phase and is still very slow when encoding.
The Divx-Codec 4.0 allows for improved adaptation to picture complexity by analyzing the frames forwards and backwards better..
- FlasK MPEG - Faster And Easier To Handle!
- FlasK MPEG - Faster And Easier To Handle!, Continued
- Expanded Support For AMD And Intel
- Dual CPU Support: Not Yet Integrated
- Data Rate Vs. Video Quality
- Expanded Audio Functions: Increasing The Volume
- Improved MPEG-4 Codec: Divx 3.22
- Weaknesses - 4 GB Limit And No NFO Acceptance