Battlefield 3’s Medium preset appears somewhat CPU-limited, and last quarter's more powerful GeForce GTX 680 gains ground as we push higher resolutions.
Performance differences spread out a little at the game’s Ultra quality preset, though this month's system starts getting a little choppy at 2560x1600.
The new machine establishes an average performance lead under DiRT 3’s High quality settings, even though its average is pulled down a little by mediocre 2560x1600 results. The game’s Ultra quality preset pushes this quarter's weaker graphics further down the chart.
- Finding Value In Higher Quality
- CPU, Cooler, And Memory
- Graphics, Motherboard, And Power Supply
- Case And Drives
- Assembling Our $2000 Performance PC
- Getting Our Core i7-3930K To 4.6 GHz
- Pushing GeForce GTX 670 To Its Limit
- Test Settings And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Benchmark Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Benchmark Results: Battlefield 3 And DiRT 3
- Benchmark Results: Skyrim And StarCraft II
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power, Heat, And Efficiency
- Sometimes, Lower Value Is OK