In order to show the Raptor's advantage in everyday work with your computer, we decided to compare it to our RAID 0 setup using the application benchmark suite SYSmark 2004 SE. This program runs various popular application and simulates actual user input in order to measure performance. It's quite amazing to see that the new Raptor easily beats the RAID 0 array here.
Although the new Raptor spins considerably faster that its competitors, the WD1500 did not really get warmer than the 7,200 RPM drives. This is impressive proof of the advances that have been made in reducing friction and increasing the efficiency of heat dissipation.
- RAID Or Raptor?
- Would You Like A Fast Drive Or A Large Drive?
- How About A RAID Setup?
- Choose Raptor-X With Moon Roof
- ... Or The Staid WD1500AD
- WD1500AD/Raptor-X Technical Data
- Showdown Between 7,200 RPM RAID 0 And The Raptor-X
- Benchmark Results
- Average Access Time
- PCMark05 Windows XP Startup
- I/O Performance
- I/O Performance, Continued
- SYSmark 2004 SE Application Benchmark
- Conclusion: The Raptor-X Is Unrivaled