Gigabyte's latest open overclocking contest, the "Dig for Victory" is taking place from March 13th to April 12th 2013 at HWBOT.org and consists of two stages that both utilize FutureMark's 3DMark benchmarking suite and CPUs / APUs from AMD.
- Stage 1: 3DMark Cloud Gate on any AMD Trinity APU
- Stage 2: 3DMark Fire Strike on any AMD Bulldozer CPU combined with any AMD 5000 Series GPU
The contest offers some fairly impressive prizes with the first place winner from each of the respective stages receiving a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 Motherboard that has support for 3-way CrossfireX and SLI and the octacore AMD FX-8350 Piledriver CPU that has been "unlocked for maximum overclocking ability".
The competition is open to all HWBOT members and entrants must provide the following in addition to HWBOT's standard submission and verification rules by April 12th to be eligible:
- FutureMark 3DMark Score(s)
- CPU-Z CPU, Memory & Mainbot Tabs using Gigabyte's OC Edition of the software
- Photograph of the computer used
For more information on Gigabyte's Dig for Victory and its prizes, visit the contest's page on Gigabyte's website.