While the Phenom II's overclock gives it a 15% speed increase over stock clock rates, it's not enough to catch the i7's advantage thanks to Hyper-Threading in this application. The overclocked i7-920 performs about 70% faster than the stock Phenom II X4 945.
We didn't use the Photoshop benchmark in our last SBM, so here we can see the overclocked Phenom II showing a nice 22% performance increase over the stock speed.
- System Builder Marathon: $1,250 AMD System
- Video Cards, Motherboard, And Case
- Power Supply, CPU, And Cooler
- Memory, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Application Benchmarks: Media Encoding
- Application Benchmarks: 2D And 3D Graphics
- Application Benchmarks: Productivity
- Game Benchmarks: First-Person Shooters
- Game Benchmarks: Real-Time Strategy And Flight Simulator
- Game Benchmarks: RPG
- Power And Temperature Benchmarks