Adobe Photoshop takes advantage of the previous build’s higher extra cores, putting the current build in second-place.
In the meantime, 3ds Max appears to prefer clock speed slightly more than core count, narrowing the difference between the former and current builds.
AVG’s anomalous performance is almost legendary at this site. We’d like to credit the new system’s faster drives for the win, but the benchmark difference is too small to represent the drives’ enormous performance disparity.
WinRAR prefers the current system’s higher overclock, while 7-Zip is better-optimized for the previous PC’s six-core processor.
- Luxurious Performance?
- Motherboard And Graphics
- CPU And Memory
- CPU Cooling and Case
- Power And Optical Drive
- Hardware Installation
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Bechmark Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Benchmark Results: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Energy, Efficiency, And Heat
- Value Conclusion