|Fujifilm||DVD-R Labelflash||$2.35||DVD-R, 16x||4.7 GB|
Blank Labelflash disc costs over $2.
Initial Trial Printing
Test printing of a Labelflash disc
As the selection of hardware, discs and software is less than overwhelming, we had to conduct the test with one of the few NEC drives available. Our test candidates came with five Fujifilm blanks and Nero 6.6 burner software.
The software installation is nearly automatic, requiring only a few user entries. A new symbol in the selection list points to the Disk Label module supporting Labelflash. The menu and symbol arrangement is the same as with a regular Nero installation except for the Labelflash settings found to the right. These allow for quality levels and rpm speed to be selected. Since a Labelflash blank still costs over two dollars, you should always print using the highest-quality level. We also did not observe any print job aborts with Labelflash as we did with LightScribe.
Click to enlarge
You can really only see the imprint quality in light or sunshine.
- DVD Burners For Label Design
- LightScribe: Burn, Flip, Burn
- Software Packages That Support LightScribe
- SW: Cyberlink DVD Solution - The Complete Package
- SW: Droppix Recorder - An Intriguing Burner Software Alternative
- Droppix Recorder, Continued
- SW: SureThing CD/DVD Labeler - Professional Label Designer
- Labelflash: A Proprietary NEC Product
- Labeling With Labelflash Using Nero
- Blank Disc
- LightScribe And Labelflash Journals