Patriot offers a wide range of memory cards in various formats. The company has also established its reputation as a manufacturer of SSD drives. Its portfolio of microSDHC cards ranges from Class 2 to 10, and from 4 to 32 GB. Patriot sent us a LX-series card, rated for Class 10 performance and capable of holding 16 GB of information. It comes with a SDHC host adapter.
In our benchmarks, the Patriot card establishes itself as a respectable mid-range product that does not exhibit any particular weaknesses. However, it's not a performance leader, as sequential read speeds of 20.8 MB/s fall at the trailing end of its class. While sequential write performance of up to 12.2 MB/s is still quite good, it's really only modest compared to faster Class 10 cards from Kingston and MemoryStar.
- microSDHC Cards For Mobile Devices
- Adata microSDHC Class 6 (Class 6, 8/16 GB)
- Kingston microSDHC Card (Class 10, 4/8/16 GB)
- Lexar High-Speed Mobile microSDHC Card (Class 6, 16 GB And Class 10, 32 GB)
- MemoryStar microSDHC Card (Class 6, 16 GB And Class 10, 8/16 GB)
- Patriot LX Series microSDHC (Class 10, 16 GB)
- SanDisk microSDHC (Class 4, 8 GB) And Mobile Ultra microSDHC (Class 4, 16 GB)
- Samsung microSDHC Plus 8 GB (Class 6, 8 GB)
- Silicon Power microSDHC Memory Card (Class 4, 32 GB)
- Comparison Table And Test Configuration
- Benchmark Results: Throughput
- Benchmark Results: Random Reads And Writes
- Which microSDHC Card Is Right For You?