According to 3DMark, the overclocked Core i5 system will game as fast as the stock Core i7 system. But the overclocked i7 walks away with a huge lead. We'll see if the real-world game benchmarks support what we've seen presented here.
PCMark favors the Core i7 system, but it is a little surprising to see how much better the Core i7 scored in the hard drive benchmark.
SiSoftware's Sandra XII synthetic benchmarks also demonstrates the Core i7 leading the way. But we’re skeptical that this pessimistic prediction of relative Core i5 performance will bear out in real-world applications.
- The Components
- CPU, Motherboard, And Cooler
- Video Cards, Power Supply, And Case
- Memory, Hard Drive, And Optical Drive
- Assembly And Overclocking
- Test System And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Benchmark Results: Media Encoding
- Benchmark Results: 2D And 3D Graphics
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Crysis And World In Conflict
- Benchmark Results: DiRT 2 And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
- Benchmark Results: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
- Power And Temperature Benchmarks