Once again, Intel's X25-M shows a slight performance increase, while OCZ's Vertex 2 shows a performance decrease.
Intel's X25-M G2 takes a performance hit in 4 KB random writes up until we hit a queue depth of eight. OCZ's Vertex 2 shows off virtually the same performance between the secure erased and tweaked drive throughout all tested queue depths.
- Optimizing Precious Solid-State Storage
- Start By Enabling AHCI (With TRIM)
- Disable System Restore And Drive Indexing
- Disable The Page File And Hibernation
- Disable Prefetch, SuperFetch, And Windows Write-Cache Buffer Flushing
- Disable SuperFetch (Again), Windows Search, ClearPageFileAtShutdown, And LargeSystemCache
- Power Settings Adjustment
- Test Setup And Method
- Benchmark Results: CrystalDiskMark
- Reclaiming Storage Capacity
- Benchmark Results: Iometer
- Benchmark Results: Iometer Streaming
- Benchmark Results: 4 KB Random Reads And Writes
- Benchmark Results: PCMark Vantage Storage Test
- What's The Deal With Write-Cache Buffer Flushing?