Monday Valve released additional details regarding the upcoming game Portal 2 including pre-orders and PC/Mac hardware specifications.
According to the developer, various retailers are now taking pre-orders worldwide. Here in the States, GameStop is offering online and in-store buyers customized skins for the co-op bots Atlas and P-body. PC gamers also receive $5 off the regular price of $49.99 ($59.99 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners). Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't offer the customized skins, but the online retailer does offer a $5 credit, reducing the PC version to $44.99 and the console version to $54.99.
Gamers who prefer to use Valve's Steam service to purchase PC and Mac digital copies can pre-order Portal 2 for $44.99 and receive the original Portal game for free. Additionally, consumers can purchase the Portal 2 Two Pack for $79.98-- this is ideal when buying the game for yourself and a friend. Out of the three retailers offering pre-orders, Steam is apparently the only retailer offering the Mac version.
"Portal 2 is shaping up to be the most innovative title in Valve's history, and to be a much larger experience than we originally planned," said Doug Lombardi, vice president of marketing at Valve. "As such, we are aggressively promoting the title with more retail promotions than we have put behind any prior release."
Also released today were the PC and Mac hardware specs for Portal 2. They are as follows:
PC System Requirements
- OS: Windows 7 / Vista / XP / 2000
- Processor: 3.0 GHz P4, Dual Core 2.0 (or higher) or AMD64X2 (or higher)
- Memory: 1 GB XP / 2 GB Vista
- Hard Disk Space: At least 7.6 GB of Space
- Video: Video card must be 128 MB or more and should be a DirectX 9-compatible with support for Pixel Shader 2.0b (ATI Radeon X800 or higher / NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or higher / Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher).
- Audio: DirectX 9.0c compatible
Mac System Requirements
- OS: MAC OS X 10.6.6 or higher
- Processor: Intel Core Duo Processor (2 GHz or better)
- Memory: 2 GB Hard Disk Space: At least 7.6 GB of Space
- Video: ATI Radeon 2400 or higher / NVIDIA 8600M or high
Portal 2 is scheduled to hit the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Windows PC and Mac worldwide on April 18, 2011.
I am excited about this game, and hopefully it will be super challenging just like Portal: Prelude when it first came out
I seriously hope you are joking. Dual core CPU, 2gig of RAM for Vista or higher? Radeon X800 or nVidia 7600 or higher? Those cards are like 4+ years old.
At almost 8GB of HDD space, that might throw some people, but go look up how much space your BFBC2 or COD:MW...or even Supreme Commander games take up.
It's sarcasm dude. The damn specs are the exact same ones as Left 4 Dead 2. I really hate it when people like you take these kinds of jokes as an opportunity to insult people's intelligence. Either that or you legitimately took his post seriously, which is also sad.
Someone'e sarcasm meter definitely needs to be fixed...