We reserved our two new game benchmarks for today’s comparison, since we didn’t have the requisite performance data from our former builds.
F1 2010 replaces DiRT2 and appears to love the high-end machine’s GeForce GTX 470s…or is it the quad-core CPU? We'll know more once we generate performance data for next quarter's series.
Cranked-up visual enhancements moderately smooth the scaling of our performance chart. Had the $2000 system’s graphics cards been responsible for its previous win, AA should have made the win even bigger. Given the smaller win in our second F1 chart, it appears that the $2000 machine’s biggest benefactor in the first F1 chart was probably its quad-core CPU.
- Raising The Stakes
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark And PCMark
- Benchmark Results: SiSoftware Sandra
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: F1 2010
- Benchmark Results: Just Cause 2
- Benchmark Results: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call Of Pripyat
- Benchmark Results: Audio And Video Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Power, Performance Scaling, And Efficiency
- Value Conclusion