A familiar story—Intel and Nvidia scoring similarly, as the 790GX trails a bit as a result of the Athlon 64 X2 we’ve chosen. No doubt, a faster CPU would fare better, though it’d also skew the platform price up as well.
Mainconcept yields a similar result on the Intel and Nvidia motherboards. We know this one benefits from multi-core CPUs, so substituting a slower triple- or quad-core Phenom would likely help AMD’s cause here.
The DivX and XviD scores echo everything we’ve seen thus far—Nvidia and Intel trading blows as AMD pulls up the rear.
- Out Of The Chipset Business? Not Yet, At Least
- MSI’s P7NGM-Digital Motherboard
- Test System And Benchmark Configuration
- Benchmark Results: Synthetic
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Audio/Video
- Benchmark Results: Integrated Gaming
- Benchmark Results: Hybrid Gaming
- DVD Playback
- Power And Pricing