Clearly limited more by our platform than any of these graphics cards (except the single 4770), Left 4 Dead isn’t as GPU-intensive as the games we’ve just tested. Generating more differentiation is going to require stepping up to 2560x1600 or turning on anti-aliasing/anisotropic filtering.
At 1920x1200, the two Radeon HD 4770s establish a small advantage over the single 4890. Otherwise, there’s only a notable gap between the CrossFire setup and our Radeon HD 4870 1 GB/GeForce GTX 260 configurations at the same resolution to mention.
- Radeon HD 4770s In CrossFire
- Test Setup And Benchmarks
- Benchmark Results: 3DMark Vantage
- Benchmark Results: Far Cry 2
- Benchmark Results: Crysis
- Benchmark Results: Left 4 Dead
- Benchmark Results: Stalker: Clear Sky
- Benchmark Results: World in Conflict
- Benchmark Results: Grand Theft Auto 4
- Versus Nvidia’s GeForce GTX 280