Far Cry 2 is a classic 3D shooter based on the Dunia engine, which enables it to display beautiful DirectX 10-class effects. Visual highlights include the way the game renders fire and water, the regenerating plant life, and the dazzling effect of looking into the sun. For our high-end tests, we used the quality setting Very High.
This test consists of the benchmark sequence Ranch Small that shows several people, brush, burning grass, and some huts. Once you combine a resolution of 1920x1200 with anti-aliasing, memory size and speed become important. Again, our maximum AA level was 8x.
- There's Always Some Headroom There...
- Graphics Chips Compared And Test Setup
- ATI Radeon HD 5770: Memory With A Need For Speed
- MSI N275GTX Lightning Squanders Functionality
- MSI N275GTX Lightning: Fully Overclocked
- MSI R4890 Cyclone SOC: Super Overclocking
- Benchmark Results: Fallout 3
- Benchmark Results: Far Cry 2
- Benchmark Results: F.E.A.R. 2
- Benchmark Results: Left 4 Dead
- Benchmark Results: The Last Remnant
- Benchmark Results: Tom Clancy’s EndWar
- Benchmark Results: Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X.
- 3DMark06: 1280x1024p, Default
- Overall Performance
- Power Consumption, Noise, And Temperature
- 3D Performance By Resolution And AA Level
- Analysis: Overclocking