The G45T-M2 installation CD doesn’t include applications beyond the driver pack, so we can jump straight to its BIOS settings.
BIOS Frequency and Voltage settings (for overclocking)
Stock to 500 MHz (1 MHz)
Clock Multiplier Adjustment
Up to DDR2-800
CPU FSB Voltage
+0.05 V, +0.10 V, +0.15 V
tCAS:3-7; tRCD: 3-10; tRP: 3-10; tRAS: 9-24
Unlike motherboards that are specifically targeted at overclockers, the ECS G45T-M2 does not support overclocked memory speeds such as DDR2-1066 or DDR2-1200. Its menus are also far more basic.
G45T-M2 Frequency and Voltage controls are limited to CPU FSB clock and DRAM over-voltage. Unfortunately, the FSB clock control didn’t function at all with our Core 2 Duo E8600, and altering our DDR2-800 memory timings caused severe instability. The G45T-M2 is the only motherboard in today’s comparison that was forced to use DDR2-800 memory speed at loose CAS 5 timings.
Motherboard Driver CD
1x DVI to HDMI Cable Adapter
4x SATA Data Cable
1x 4-pin to SATA power adapter
1x I/O Panel Shield
ECS devoted a big chunk of the G45T-M2’s expense in the chipset, cutting costs in places like software and accessories. Still, we’re glad to see that this DVI-supporting motherboard includes an HDMI adapter.
- LGA-775’s Last Hurrah?
- ASRock P45XE
- P45XE Software, BIOS, And Accessories
- Asus P5QL Pro
- P5QL Pro Software, BIOS, and Accessories
- Biostar TP43D2-A7
- TP43D2-A7 Software, BIOS, And Accessories
- ECS G45T-M2
- G45T-M2 Software, BIOS, And Accessories
- Jetway BI-500
- BI-500 Software, BIOS, And Accessories
- MSI P43 Neo3-F
- P43 Neo3-F Software, BIOS, and Accessories
- Test Settings
- Benchmark Results: First-Person Shooters
- Benchmark Results: Real-Time Strategy
- Benchmark Results: Media Encoding
- Benchmark Results: Productivity
- Benchmark Results: Synthetics
- Performance Index
- Efficiency And Overclocking